Charlize Theron is a South African-American actress and a producer. With many accolades in her bag, such as Oscar Award, Academy Award, Golden Globe award, and so forth, she is one of the highest-paid actresses in the world. Hancock (2008), Mad Max: Fury Road (2015), and Huntsman (2012 and 2016) are some of the greatest hits of her time. A rollercoaster ride at the start of her career has changed over the years, holding a net worth of 160 million dollars in 2022. Let us look inside at the houses she might have invested through this money.
The House on the Beach
The Sandy La Costa Beach in Malibu, Los Angeles, is majorly famous due to Hollywood celebrities’ houses. Having many homes in Spanish-Revival style, Charlize Theron even had one with her ex-boyfriend Stuart Townsend from 2009 to 2011. The beautification of the packed house of 2095 sq. ft, was balanced by the open Mediterranean Sea. Three bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, a living room, dining room, a kitchen, a Cabana-covered deck, and a courtyard might not make the space look spacious but is the best option for a couple.
The duplex holding the richness and charm from the 1930s was undoubtedly maintained and embellished through Charlize’s vision. Wooden work on floors, window and door frames, and ceilings; a play of colorful, subtle, and designed fabrics on furniture; and a single scheme of white-colored walls and ceilings integrated into the beach house. Whether it was about a panoramic view from the courtyard, living room, or even bedroom of the first floor, a great connection was seen with the ocean. Fireplaces, built-in barbeque, fire-pit, outdoor water-showers, and spa tub added flavor to the place. The appealing house was sold out by the Hancock actress at about a double rate to Glee creator Ryan Murphy in 2011.
The House in LA
Los Angeles, California, a place being the 16th most expensive city in the United States, had a house name, Charlize Theron. A place where people could barely buy a small piece of land, the Oscar-award winner had the 4116 sq. ft place in 2009. The U-shaped property is known for celebs such as George Harrison (Beatles) wrote his hit song ‘Blue Jay Way’ and is even owned by Jennifer Aniston, Leonardo DiCaprio, Keanu Reeves, and many others at some time. The unbuilt spaces are around 28ft. high built structures and include a small swimming pool, a small patch of landscaping, and a raw-tiled deck for fun parties throughout the year.
The particular use of big-glass openings, reinforced concrete, and steel give an essence of a modernist building. The house includes a large living space, a fantastic screening room, three bedrooms, a two-step high dining area, and three bathrooms. The contrast between dark (on floors, kitchen-tops, and book-shelf) and light (on walls, ceilings, and furniture) colored materials adds a spark to the interiors. Moreover, the low-rise residential mansion mirrored the seven principles of architecture: scale, proportion, balance, rhythm, emphasis, contrast, and visual. By 2013, Charlize sold it out for 3.8 million dollars.
The House in Hollywood (West)
Charlize Theron’s house in West Hollywood is a 2000 sq. ft home, which she sold two years ago in 2020 after retaining it in 2005. The bungalow had great privacy through hedges and large trees even in a bustling neighborhood. Between nature, the raised property had a huge entrance area with a living room, dining area, and kitchen, four bedrooms interconnected with washrooms, and a studio (or two-cars garage) on the rear side next to the swimming pool. On one side, there was use of beige and white-colored schemes on the outside and inside of the property that looked relaxing, on the other, there were open-concept areas like the kitchen with white marble tops, dark-wooden cabinetry, and stainless steel appliances which looked perfect.
In addition, richness in details was noticed, such as exposed wooden beams highlighting tall ceilings, wooden flooring throughout the property, French windows, and highly polished spaces. The comfortability level while living within nature might have made Charlize Theron stay for 15 years. She later sold it out with a million-dollar profit.
The House on the Hills (Hollywood)
In 2007, one of the most influential people in the world, Charlize Theron, bought a penthouse that many of us might adore. The 2350 sq. ft. home of 2.75 million dollars, located at 1645 Vine Street, was originally a departmental store in the 1920s. Therefore, there were exposed air ducts and an open floor plan that gave a feel of New York’s loft. First, by looking at the receiving area, it may state that this area might have been beautifully designed for an attractive and sophisticated aspect. The couches were white and black, giving them a modern and contemporary appearance. The celebrity might have had a massive fur carpet must be a fan of it. This section of the home also has elegant windows. Every component of the property is ideally crafted to meet her taste in furniture.
There was a magnificent stainless-steel kitchen featuring stainless-steel cabinetry and excellent lighting. There was a steel staircase which added to the texture. Charlize Theron must have hosted a dinner party for her pals and relished every moment. As can be seen, the lighting was suitable for every occasion, be it a huge birthday celebration or a small get-together. The bedroom, which had a king-size bed with a white cover and black striped pillows, was plain but appealing. Overall, her Hollywood Hills home was shown as a lovely place to visit.
Charlize Theron provided one of the best films to the Hollywood industry. She had a similar selection with her houses. Her elegance, luxurious lifestyle, and individuality were noticed in her choices in the property as well.
- Velvet Ropes Real Estate. n.d. Photos of Charlize Theron, Ryan Murphy Former Home until May 2011. [online] Available at: <https://www.velvetropes.com/celebrity-homes/celebrity-house-283/photos/2> [Accessed 1 May 2022].
- Homebunch.com. n.d. Charlize Theron’s house – Home Bunch Interior Design Ideas. [online] Available at: <https://www.homebunch.com/charlize-therons-house/> [Accessed 1 May 2022].
- Velvet Ropes Real Estate. n.d. Charlize Theron House: Exclusive Estates In LA, The Hollywood Hills & Malibu. [online] Available at: <https://www.velvetropes.com/backstage/charlize-theron-house> [Accessed 1 May 2022].
- Velvet Ropes Real Estate. n.d. Photos of Charlize Theron Former Home until March 2013. [online] Available at: <https://www.velvetropes.com/celebrity-homes/celebrity-house-252/photos/2> [Accessed 1 May 2022].
- Larkin, M., n.d. Blue Jay Away! Charlize Theron sells LA mansion that inspired George Harrison’s Beatles tune for $3.8m. [online] Mail Online. Available at: <https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2307300/Charlize-Theron-sells-LA-mansion-inspired-George-Harrisons-Beatles-tune-3-8m.html> [Accessed 1 May 2022].
- Velvet Ropes Real Estate. n.d. Photos of Charlize Theron Former Home until October 2020. [online] Available at: <https://www.velvetropes.com/celebrity-homes/celebrity-house-2094/photos/7> [Accessed 1 May 2022].
- Wright, T., n.d. Charlize Theron lists charming West Hollywood bungalow for $1.8M. [online] Mail Online. Available at: <https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8736089/Charlize-Theron-lists-charming-bungalow-heart-West-Hollywood-1-8M.html> [Accessed 1 May 2022].
- Red Online. n.d. Take a tour of Charlize Theron’s stunning LA house. [online] Available at: <https://www.redonline.co.uk/interiors/decorating-ideas/g521984/charlize-therons-inside-los-angeles-house-interior/?slide=3> [Accessed 1 May 2022].