Johnny Depp is one of the world’s most in-demand performers, best known for his roles as Willy Wonka, Sweeny Todd, and Captain Jack Sparrow. His work in Hollywood blockbusters has garnered him large sums of money, most notably from the Pirates of the Caribbean series. With a net worth of $200 million, the actor leads a luxury lifestyle, investing heavily in real estate and vehicles. His real estate portfolio includes fourteen homes that cost him more than $75 million, plus the cost of managing them and employing the workers. He has sold, acquired, and refurbished several of his estates over the years to visit if he wants to get away from his hectic schedule.
Johnny Depp has spent lavishly to acquire a jaw-dropping estate portfolio that includes everything from a tiny village in France to a seaside island. Let’s take a look at some of the gorgeous houses held by Johnny Depp, each more extravagant than the last.
1. French Village
Johnny paid an unnamed sum for an estate in France in 2001. The estate is a deserted village equipped with a private mansion, a skate park, many cabins, a winery cellar, as well as a small café. He spent millions of dollars renovating the 19th-century structures and frequented the property often with his ex-wife Vanessa Paradis and their kids. Johnny has actively restored the community and even transformed a nearby church into a visitor residence. The main house has five bedrooms, three and a half baths, a studio, and two pools. Depp placed the house up for sale in 2016 for $63 million, but it did not sell. It returned to a revised $55.5 million budget in 2021.
2. Kentucky Farmhouse
In 1995, the star paid $950,000 for a 41-acre horse property near Lexington, Kentucky house, nicknamed Betty Sue’s Family Farm in honour of his late mom was his mother’s primary residence. He acquired the home for $2 million four years later after selling it for $1 million in 2001. After his mother died in 2016, he placed the house up on the market for $3 million.
The Kentucky Farmhouse comprises a main home of six bedrooms and six and a half baths. The estate also includes a manager’s accommodations, a guest house, a four-car garage, and two horse stables. The horse farm includes a large backyard with a pool and a terrace with sunrooms and patio chairs.
3. Private Bahamas Island
Depp discovered the precious island in the Bahamas while filming Pirates of the Caribbean in 2003. The island, known as The Little Halls Ponds Cay, was bought for $3.6 million in 2004. On the estate, the actor built a ranch-style residence with a panoramic view of the landscape. Five beaches surround the island, two titled after his kids Lily-Rose and Jack, another dedicated after his former wife Vanessa, the fourth named Ponzo after the late writer Hunter S. Thompson, and the last one named Brando after his mentor and friend Marlon Brando.
The luxury island getaway, which has the main house, a two-bedroom yurt, a beach house and a “roundhouse” outfitted with a bedroom was the site of the Depp-Heard wedding ceremony in 2015. Little Hall’s Pond Cay, which is about 96 kilometres from Nassau in the Exumas archipelago, is said to include solar-powered structures. The surrounding region is also home to a variety of wildlife species.
4. Five-Loft Los Angeles Penthouse
It’s understandable that when Depp buys a home, he doesn’t skimp on personal space and loves to have virtually the entire section or floor to himself. The same may be said for when he purchased his penthouse. Like in the Hollywood Hills, Johnny Depp’s Los Angeles home is a cluster of five penthouses with a beautiful roof and a swimming pool. These penthouses were purchased between 2007 and 2008 for a total cost of $ 7.2 million, however, when totalled, the total cost of these penthouses is $ 12.78 million.
In Los Angeles, the penthouses are located in the ‘Art Deco-Style Eastern Columbia Building.’ For a long period, he considered combining these penthouses to form a single superstructure. The penthouse has a total size of 11,500 square feet, with nine bedrooms and fourteen baths. One of the penthouse rooms has been designated as an art studio, while another is designated as a guest bedroom. Aside from that, the penthouse collection has a total of 5 kitchens.
5. Five-Mansion Hollywood Hills Compound
Johnny Depp’s Hollywood mansion is an abstract mash-up of five houses. Here is where the celebrity spends most of his time. All of these residences have cost the actor around $19 million. According to reports, Johnny was even eager to build a tunnel beneath the surface that would link all of the dwellings to his main mansion, where he mostly stays. The overall area of these dwellings is approximately 7,430 square feet.
The home features eight bedrooms and ten bathrooms. The house’s interior is fashioned in the typical gothic style. The home contains a large swimming pool, as well as a large yard and parking spots.
6. Somerset Mansion
Johnny expanded his real estate portfolio into England in 2014 when he acquired a property in Somerset. The antique home is situated on an 820-acre estate known as the Somerset Mansion. The actor paid $2.5 million for the house and spent an extra $5 million to remodel the interiors of the antique mansion. According to the Daily Mail, it has twelve bedrooms and eight baths. He still owns the property and uses it as his home while filming in England.
Johnny Depp has amassed an impressive property portfolio under his name ever since the early 1990s. While he has sold most of his properties, he retains ownership of the French village, his Somerset mansion, and the Hollywood Hills property, which has become his permanent abode. After a two-year hiatus, the actor will make a stunning comeback to the big screen in 2022 with an untitled historical biopic.
- TheRichest. 2022. A Peek Inside Johnny Depp’s Extensive Property Portfolio. [online] Available at: <https://www.therichest.com/rich-powerful/a-peek-inside-johnny-depps-extensive-property-portfolio/> [Accessed 1 May 2022].
- Sudario, E., 2022. Johnny Depp Has a Real Estate Portfolio That’s Honestly Jaw-Dropping. [online] We Got This Covered. Available at: <https://wegotthiscovered.com/celebrities/heres-a-glimpse-of-johnny-depps-jaw-dropping-real-estate-portfolio/> [Accessed 1 May 2022].
- news. 2022. Inside Depp’s hidden holiday island. [online] Available at: <https://www.news.com.au/travel/destinations/inside-johnny-depps-bahamas-island-called-little-halls-pond-cay/news-story/8ff7a509c9b199da3dce46fe29be9b5a> [Accessed 1 May 2022].
- SY Blog. 2022. Johnny Depp’s Homes: An Erudite Collection of Mansions, Islands and a Village. [online] Available at: <https://www.squareyards.com/blog/johnny-depp-house-celebhm> [Accessed 1 May 2022].
- Nypost.com. 2022. Inside the Australian home where Johnny Depp lost his finger. [online] Available at: <https://nypost.com/2022/04/26/inside-the-australian-home-where-johnny-depp-lost-his-finger/> [Accessed 1 May 2022].
- Business Insider. 2022. Inside Johnny Depp’s wild, extravagant LA penthouses that are selling for $13 million. [online] Available at: <https://www.businessinsider.in/entertainment/people/inside-johnny-depps-wild-extravagant-la-penthouses-that-are-selling-for-13-million/articleshow/57025299.cms> [Accessed 1 May 2022].
- Hendrickson, V., 2022. Johnny Depp Sells the Fourth of His Five Los Angeles Pads. [online] Mansionglobal.com. Available at: <https://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/johnny-depp-sells-the-fourth-of-his-five-los-angeles-pads-72277> [Accessed 1 May 2022].
- Online, M., 2022. The remote Bahamas island where Johnny Depp held ‘wedding weekend’. [online] Mail Online. Available at: <https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2945752/Forget-Grammys-s-Aerial-shots-remote-Bahamas-island-Johnny-Depp-Amber-Heard-hosted-exclusive-wedding-weekend-party.html> [Accessed 1 May 2022].
- IWMBuzz. 2022. Most Luxurious Things Owned By Heart Stealer Johnny Depp: This Will Shock You | IWMBuzz. [online] Available at: <https://www.iwmbuzz.com/lifestyle/personalities-lifestyle/luxurious-things-owned-heart-stealer-johnny-depp-will-shock/2021/05/14> [Accessed 1 May 2022].