Townhouse in the cottage settlement Afanasovo-3, Chernogolovka for a young family of three – a married couple and a little son. The cottage has 4 floors.
Project author: Evgenia Ermolaeva, Lyudmila Samoilova, EEDS design studio eedsdesign.com
Photographer: Shangina Olga
Shooting stylist: Ermolaeva Evgenia
1st floor – the territory of the husband, including a relaxation area with a sofa and TV, a bar counter, a mini-bar and a work area. A bar counter with hanging lamps above it is a conditional border between zones. In the utility room there is a simulator and a cabinet for storing household items.
The idea is to create a subdued informal atmosphere of a bar-pub using classic terracotta bricks, decorative LED lighting, various lighting scenarios – for work and leisure, interesting details. The role of the latter is performed by:
– a mischievous stencil painting with a monkey and a banana – a parody of a freeze-frame from K. Tarantino’s film “Pulp Fiction”;
– the use of perforated metal grating with painting for radiator screens and cabinet doors with a mini-bar;
– three-dimensional inscription of metal letters “Time for rest”;
– an illuminated neon sign “BAR” with an index arrow meeting on the staircase hall.
1st floor – common area of the kitchen-living room, guest bathroom, vestibule, hallway and staircase hall. The desire to have a cozy, light, but not monochrome interior in warm colors with eco-friendly materials, wood texture took shape in a contemporary style using eco-style elements.
The key function is given to the kitchen, the secondary – to the living room. In the layout, in the center of the room, there is a static group of a small sofa and a bar counter, around which a circular movement is organized. In the farthest corner from the entrance area there is a corner kitchen set with a good work surface, spacious cabinets and all necessary equipment. An additional work surface is the countertop of the bar counter. The hood is hidden behind decorative 3D facades depicting stylized leaves. Composite kitchen apron – made of two materials: glass panels and large-format wood-look seamless ceramic granite (or wood-look kitchen panel). The dining group is located in a bright area between a large panoramic window on the main facade and a side window on the adjacent wall. In continuation of the eco-theme, a voluminous chandelier made of tree branches is suspended above the table. The color accent is added with the help of textiles – chairs with colored upholstery, sofa cushions. A bright spot on the wall is an illuminated painting near the dining group. To create a wow effect and mood, a real tree trunk with branches was placed in the hallway.
One of the important wishes of the customers was the presence of a magnetic chalkboard in the kitchen-living room. As a result, this board occupied a large area on the accent wall, visible from the entrance area. It can be used not only for notes and reminders, but also as a decorative surface for holiday decorations and congratulations.
2nd floor – a private recreation area for the whole family. Includes bedroom, nursery, dressing room and bathroom. The premises are small in size, so the main task was not to furnish the premises and add more color, brightness, and individuality.
The attic floor is a personal space for the wife, who had three main wishes:
– red armchair;
– portrait of Z. Freud;
The red office chair in the interior was supported by textiles, decor, red LED lighting. The illuminated portrait of Z. Freud is located on the partition separating the stairs from the sofa area. The fireplace found a place opposite the sofa under the TV.
An eco-theme is visible through the entire project, which is expressed in:
– the use of wood texture in furniture, floor coverings (even porcelain stoneware has a wood texture), furniture and lighting materials (chandelier above the dining table, pendant lamps above the stair hall between the 1st and 2nd floors);
– decorative partitions made of wooden rivers and beams (in the basement, in the hall on the 2nd floor, on the attic floor);
– frescoes and panels depicting landscapes (in the bathroom – a false window with illumination, behind the sofa on the attic floor).