Adjacent to the newly activated warehouse district at Navy Yard on the Potomac River, Parc Riverside luxury apartments are sleek industrial style yet classic in their appeal.
Name: Parc Riverside
Studio Name: ForrestPerkins
Design Team: Jennifer Beggiato and Emily Woods-Weiskopf, Caitlyn Pratt, Ken Gray
Area: Multi-Residential Interiors
Year: Phase I 2015, Phase II 2020
Location: Washington, D.C.
Consultants: Toll Brothers, CAS Engineering, Meyer Consulting Engineers Corporation, SSA Engineering, WDG Architecture, Wiles Mensch,
Photography Credits: “Copyright Jennifer Hughes. Courtesy ForrestPerkins”
Project Category: Multi-Residential Interiors
Designed to attract a diverse target end-user, Parc Riverside provides an amenity package with something for everyone. Unit finishes are simple yet sophisticated, providing residents a blank slate for any personal aesthetic.
Amenities developed and designed by ForrestPerkins include:
- “Social mailroom” integrates mail into a library co-working space to encourage resident interaction.
- Lounge spaces are designed with “Communal Privacy” in mind, where residents can congregate to relax or work from home and hold a meeting. A variety of furniture groupings are carefully planned and thoughtfully located so residents can choose what suits them best.
- Private conference rooms facilitate residents’ ability to work from home.
- Residents can rent party rooms to host parties and events.
- Multiple fitness “zones” are located throughout the amenity space, including cardio and weight rooms, yoga/flex spaces, and an outdoor parcourse, all of which take advantage of amazing views.
- Residents can pamper and groom their pets in a well-designed dog salon.
- Indoor and outdoor spaces are designed for social gatherings, grilling, connectivity, and entertaining, all of which have 270-degree unobstructed views of Washington DC.
- Game rooms that allow residents to have a bit of fun include pool tables, video gaming, ping-pong, foosball, and cards.
- Community pantries have all the equipment to support social gatherings and special events, including warming drawers, refrigerators, kegerators, and wine machines.
- TVs located throughout the amenity space circulate news and provide real-time information such as metro and bus arrivals, bike and scooter availability, and weather.
Emily Woods Weiskopf
We are a collective of individuals with uniquely different design backgrounds and passions, collaborating across locations to create environments that bring lasting memories and enrich people’s lives. At ForrestPerkins, we create inspired interior design solutions for Luxury Hospitality and Residential destinations. We approach each design as an opportunity to tell a unique story and choreograph a personalized guest experience through attention to design, detail, and service, inspired by a sense of place and individuality. From inspiration to opening, from arrival to departure, we take you on a journey and craft curated experiences that resonate on an emotional level. With offices in Dallas, San Francisco, New York, and Washington, D.C., our culture centers on collaboration, both within and across offices.
ForrestPerkins is a distinct design studio of Perkins Eastman, a global architecture firm with more than 20 interdisciplinary offices worldwide. The firm believes that design has a direct, positive impact on people’s lives. Perkins Eastman puts people at the heart of design by employing best practices, innovation, sustainability, and a thorough understanding of each clients’ mission and operations. The firm’s diverse teams partner with clients globally to deliver next-generation projects uniquely suited to people who will live, work, play, learn, age, and heal in the places we plan and design.
ForrestPerkins Interiors provided interior architectural design, interior design, and all furniture & fixture design for all public spaces and residential units in the building. The complete list of services includes:
- Interior Architectural Design
- Interior Design
- FF&E Design and Specification for the Common Areas
- Design, documentation, and procurement of a 2-bedroom model unit.
- FF&E Purchasing for Common Areas
- Unit Finishes Design and Unit Corridors Design