Photographer Pasi Aalto grants Fur arkitekter (hereafter “the architects”) non- exclusive right to publish and distribute the images described under “material” in accordance to the terms outlined under “agreed use.” The architects and those that receive the images from the architects and/or publish them need to uphold all the terms outlined in this document in order for this license agreement to be valid. Each entity is responsible for its own use of the images, be that the architects, a publisher, a blogger or someone else who publishes the images.
ARCHITECTS: Andreas G. Gjertsen and Ørjan Nyheim
LOCATION: Skardsøya, Møre og Romsdal
CLIENT: Sissel By and Olve Aarhaug
PROJECT: Private cabin
BUILDING PERIOD: 2013 – 2016
The architects can use the images in their portfolio either online through a website on which they have editorial responsibility or through a printed presentation of their work. They can use the images for educational purposes where they are the presenting entity.
The images can be used in lectures, critique of architecture, opinion pieces and similar non-profit publications where the main goal is education and/or public discourse in new outlets, blogs and similar short-term publications.
The images can be used free of charge on online publications, such as news sites and blogs, to portray the work of the architects All online articles and publications need to have links to www.pasiaalto.com as the photographer (see pt. 2)
The images can be used free of charge in magazine articles about the work of the architects, provided that the architects are contacted beforehand (see pts. 2, 3 and 6). The use of the images in the cover should be agreed upon before printing. Complimentary copies of the issue in addition of the required single copy are greatly appreciated.
All commercial use of the images is strictly prohibited. Besides from fair use in promoting the books that the images are used in, the images can not be used to advertize for services, content, products or in any other manner not described above. Please read the terms on the right, not following them renders this license invalid and all use will be charged as unlicensed use of my copyrighted material.
All photographers fees, although not required for magazines and on-line publications, are greatly appreciated for the use of the images. If you would like to use the images in a way not described in this license or for any other reason, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Photographer Pasi Aalto is the copyright holder and retains all rights to the
- The image should be credited with “Pasi Aalto / com” either beside each image or in another way equally visible in accordance to international practice. Incorrect or missing credits are charged with a fee of 100% of the sale price of the actual image or a minimum of USD 200.
- When using the images in a video production, the images should be credited in the end
- Photographer Pasi Aalto is given the right to refer to the client in his own
- The client kan only use the images as defined under “agreed use”, and this contract is without exclusivity. Re-distribution and/or re-sale of the images to a third party is strictly All use of the images not defined in this license requires a new license with photographer Pasi Aalto with changes in terms accordingly. Any use without prior written agreement is subject to an extra fee of 200% of the sale price of the actual image, with a minimum of USD 850.
- The images can not be resold, redistributed or in another way be made accessible to others in digital format, in paper or in any other If the client is a marketing agency or is purchasing the license for a third party, they guarantee that only third parties that agree to all of the terms in the contract can use the images and the third party has to be included under the “agreed use” terms of this contract to be valid. The images should not be made available in a matter that enables reuse if publishing online.
- Manipulation of the images is not allowed execpt for minor crops and color adjustments strictly necessary for print
- Photographer Pasi Aalto gives no guarantee of future access to images after they are delivered unless stated otherwise under “special ”
- Failure to follow the terms outlined in this license renders this license invalid and the clients use of the images is seen as a violation of the copyright of photographer Pasi
- The image files can be saved in the clients database for the purpose of making them available to personnel working on the
- The client and publisher agree that by using the images according to this contract they agree to indemnify and hold photographer Pasi Aalto harmless against any claims, damages, losses, expenses or costs, including legal costs, arising in any manner whatsoever from clients use of any of the images, or any other breach by client of any obligation under this
- It is forbidden to use the images to promote another photographer or photographic service than photographer Pasi
- The client will respect photographer Pasi Aaltos intellectual rights to the material and the rights of the persons in the images to be portrayed in a dignified and just Use of the images in a way that can seem misguiding, hateful, rasist, defamatory, fraudulent, lewd, obscene, vulgar, objectionable or in a manner that can be deemed illegal or pornographic, or in another way that violates photographer Pasi Aaltos or the portrayed persons integrity is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated.