Farmers Circle is an old farm revived in a 500-hectare hilly area in Ukmergė district, presenting farming as an event.
Studio Name: DO ARCHITECTS
Design Team: GILMA TEODORA GYLYTĖ, DOMANTAS BALTRŪNAS, EDGAR VLADIMIRENKO, ANDRĖ BALDIŠIŪTĖ, SABINA DAUGĖLIENĖ, ALGIMANTAS NENIŠKIS
Area: 550 m²
Location: ŽIRGYNO STR. 1, RADIŠKIS, UKMERGĖ DISTRICT, LITHUANIA
Photography Credits: AISTE RAKAUSKAITE PHOTOGRAPHY, DO ARCHITECTS
Farmers Circle is initiated with the wish of feeding the world with better, healthier, and more tasty products from farm and nature.
In addition to the usual vegetable fields and grazing cattle, there is a conference center, restaurant, hotel, newly equipped nature trails and terraces with outdoor fireplaces.
The main architectural and urban challenges were to find a harmonious relationship between rural nature, cultured landscape, old farm buildings, modern architecture and everyday farming.
ABOUT DO ARCHITECTS
DO ARCHITECTS creates architecture for people. A team of professional, insightful, courageous, and environmentally sensitive people are working on various and complex projects. Their goal is to create a good example of change in the surrounding environment. Environment shapes people, therefore DO ARCHITECTS create inspiring, relaxing, and comfortable spaces to be.
Currently, DO ARCHITECTS brings together more than 40 architects, urbanists, and interior architects with international experience. They are proud to be nominees and winners of numerous national and
international architectural competitions. Architecture and urban design office is based in Vilnius, Lithuania.
DO ARCHITECTS was created by four partners of architects: Andrė Baldišiūtė, Gilma Teodora Gylytė, Algimantas Neniškis, and Sabina Daugėlienė (pictures attached).
DO ARCHITECTS PROJECT EXAMPLES:
– Kindergarten “Pelėdžiukas“ wooden extension
– Ogmios City public space and urban transformation
– Vainiai Palace rehabilitation to a new public space in Vilnius old town
– Vinted office interior spaces and integration into Naugardukas street
– Farmers Circle transformation from an old farm to a multi-functional complex
– MO museum (together with Daniel Libeskind)
– Residential complex The Missionary Gardens on the edge of Vilnius’ old town
– Preila Lifeguard Station reconstruction with an amphitheatre
– Ongoing Lyceum and Hotel complex project with new public spaces