In today’s era, concrete is one of the basic and the most used construction material. It was discovered around 1300BC and from that time till now it has evolved majorly. We can see different types of concrete being used in different ways from foundations, column, beam, and slabs; it has now emerged as an aesthetical material that gives a rustic look with no finished coatings and is also used for minimalism kind of designs and interiors and creates more of a focal point in the house.
This era is moving more towards simple but elegant interiors with fewer amounts of ornamentations and using subtle colors to enhance every element.
Below are some of the designs that are different from the usual interiors of the living room by using concrete.
- Bringing the natural green elements with concrete gives contrast to the sight and gives a lively effect indoors.
- The emergence of concrete with grey furniture gives a modern touch to space.
- Shades and tints enhance the interior and also get camouflaged with concrete surfaces.
- With a subtle concrete texture; brighter colors and textures pop in our eyes.
- Even a single painting can make a difference in the whole space, this is only because of the subtleness of the concrete that lets other things stand out.
- The relationship of the exterior with interiors is the key element to make it more comforting thus the window and concrete go with this kind of concept.
- Some patterns or carvings on the concrete also give an uplifting effect to the whole living area.
- Keeping all the surfaces in the same concrete texture gives a rustic look and also brings up the furniture of the spaces, especially of brighter colors.
- Warm lighting is also another factor that enhances the space with shadows in some part and light in other giving a cave effect.
- Different textures patterns and painted concrete can give a dramatic look to the living space.