Parking spaces are essential functional spaces for most architectural masses. Whether it is a residential, commercial, or industrial space, parking spaces tend to occupy large chunks of outdoor areas. But, just because they’re necessary functional zones with less human activity, they don’t need to look ugly or bland. It is possible to spice up the look and feel of an outdoor space by using car parking tiles designs that bind and blend with the built form and the landscape. The days of dull old pavers are long gone; parking tiles have replaced them, making the parking spaces an expression of the holistic design and overall aesthetics. This article showcases a few design ideas for car parking tiles design.
Nowadays, car parking tiles are available in an array of different patterns, textures and prints. Not only are these tiles very efficient and durable, but they also are incredibly pleasing to look at. These heavy-duty tiles are available in sizes like 200x 600 mm, 400×400 mm, and 600x 600 mm and are generally 38-50 mm thick.
1. Magical Mosaic Tiles
Mosaic tiles look incredibly chic and stylish on the walls and floors of homes. Why not bring the same style and elegance to the parking space as well? Mosaic car parking tiles designed on a larger scale and rougher matte texture retain the heavy-duty functional demands of the space while subtly uplifting the look of the parking space.
2. Classic Block Patterned Tiles
One can never go wrong with a classic simple car parking tile design like this. Each standard tile is made up of sectioned squares. Simple unified blocks promote a modern and minimal aesthetic of the parking space while making the space look alluring.
3. Natural Pebble Textured Tiles
In cases where the parking space falls as a part of a larger landscape zone, one can opt for natural pebble-textured car parking tiles like this. They bind the parking space as a part of the larger landscape and can significantly change how the space feels.
4. Smooth Textured Vitrified Tiles
The parking space can feel like an extension of the house by use of plain smooth-textured vitrified car parking tiles. You can choose from a wide variety of vitrified tiles for parking that match the house interiors. They look simple and elegant and serve the purpose of being heavy-duty load-carrying tiles ideal for parking spaces.
5. Sleek Ribbed Tiles
Ribbed car parking tiles designed in different configurations can elevate the look of the parking space. Apart from serving the primary function of a parking tile, these tiles have the advantage of being anti-skid. The rough texture of the ribs makes this tile water resilient and thus ideal for parking spaces near swimming pools or low-lying parking spaces with excess water.
6. Simple Striped Tiles
Striped car parking tiles designs generate a sense of direction in space. This attribute could be beneficial for use in large commercial parking spaces. These tiles are interesting to look at, thus making the parking space look more approachable.
7. Novel Chequered Tiles
Different chequered patterns are available as parking tile design options. These look simple and elegant and serve the purpose of heavy-duty parking tiles with added friction. These tiles are ideal for industrial and commercial spaces or residential parking spaces with higher traffic.
8. Showy Interlocking Hexagon Tiles
Mosaic tiles with a twist are how these hexagonal car parking tiles are. They create a sense of drama and interest, thus enlivening any bland parking space. The different monochromatic hues create an optical illusion in the space.
9. Rustic Geometric Stone Tiles
For parking spaces in structured landscape areas, geometric stone car parking tiles are a perfect fit. They look natural and structured at the same time and thus blend the built and un-built spaces seamlessly. These are available in various stone types and textures to suit different landscape spaces well.
10. Sophisticated Solid Tiles
Simple solid tiles or stone car parking tiles are the most basic yet alluring car parking tiles design options. These tiles bring in just enough amount of character within the space. They are perfect for giving the parking spaces a subtle facelift while maintaining the functionality of the space.
11. Eccentric Herringbone Tiles
Yet another way of parking spaces doubling up as landscape space is by using brick-textured tiles. Natural-looking bricks in a herringbone pattern create a soothing and natural spatial aesthetic. These tiles are perfect for residential parking spaces, farmhouses or resorts, and hotel parking spaces.
12. Elaborate Wavy Patterned Tiles
Elaborate designer tiles having organic ornate patterns are simply striking. They make a parking space look interesting and fill the space with character.
13. Basic Button Textured Tiles
Similar to the chequered tiles, button-textured car parking tile designs are great for heavy traffic areas that need anti-skid and greater friction. These tiles look tailored, uniform, and interesting at the same time. They are also a good fit for parking spaces near swimming pools or other water bodies.
14. Decorative Cobblestone Rangoli Tiles
Love the natural look of stone, but want a decorative tile? A cobblestone rangoli tile is the perfect car parking tiles design option for such needs. It has the austere appearance of natural stone and chic design touch in its pattern. These tiles are appropriate for any large parking space surrounded by greens.
15. Stellar Moroccan Tiles
The ornate Moroccan tiles that everyone loves to look at in interiors can also be used on the exterior. These highly decorative tiles with a blue and white colour scheme that are the patent wall tiles in many homes can also be used to grace the parking spaces. Not only do they allow one to continue the same theme as the home in the parking area, but they’re also functional, stylish, and graceful car parking tiles design.
16. Designer Square Tiles
A blend of the Moroccan design with underlying austere geometric stone tile creates this unique designer car parking tile. Designer square tiles are available in diverse configurations and are significantly uplifting when used as a highlighter or combined with plain tiles. This unique tile is perfect for any space and works well for farmhouses and residential villa parking.
17. Elegant Wooden Textured Tiles
Wooden textured tiles are an excellent option for spaces centred around a natural theme. These car parking tiles are aesthetic and act as a binding thread for landscaped parking spaces. Like the other natural textured tiles, these too work well in conjunction with greenery around.
18. Lush Grassy Tiles
If paving the parking and making it a part of the hardscape is a concern, these grass-loving tiles are a perfect way to strike a balance. These tiles are an excellent option for making a parking space environment-friendly, as they allow the parking space to exist as both hard and soft scapes. The paved part of these tiles is just enough to make them functional, and the void part that allows grass helps with ecological aspects.
19. Distinctive Digital Printed Tiles
Car par tiles designs can be as elaborate or as basic as one would like them to be. With digital printing techniques, car parking tiles are available in several prints and patterns. These tiles add a lot of character to the parking space, making them appealing.
20. Terrific Terracotta Tiles
Terracotta textured tiles give a warm and natural touch to a parking space. These tiles, which resemble the soil, give a subtle minimal aesthetic to the parking space. They are ideal for places where blending the parking with the surrounding is needed.
- Orientbell.com. 2022. How To Choose Car Parking Tiles. [online] Available at: <https://www.orientbell.com/blog/how-to-choose-parking-tiles> [Accessed 4 September 2022].
- NITCO. 2022. Buy Crusty Grey Tile | Vitrified Heavy Duty – Nitco Tiles & Marble. [online] Available at: <https://www.nitco.in/product-details/parking-tiles-collection/crusty-grey/ntet017efd7308> [Accessed 4 September 2022].
- Orientbell.com. 2022. Parking Tiles – Durable Car Parking Tiles Design and Price | Orientbell. [online] Available at: <https://www.orientbell.com/tiles/parking-tiles> [Accessed 4 September 2022].
- Kajariaceramics.com. 2022. Parking Tiles by Kajaria – India’s No.1 Tile Company. [online] Available at: <https://www.kajariaceramics.com/blog/top-tips-to-choose-the-best-parking-tiles.php> [Accessed 4 September 2022].
- Orientbell.com. 2022. 4 Tips To Choose The Right Parking Tiles. [online] Available at: <https://www.orientbell.com/blog/4-tips-to-choose-the-right-parking-tile> [Accessed 4 September 2022].
- Asian Granito India Ltd. 2022. AGL Blog – Floor Tiles, Wall Tiles, Marble, Design & Decor Ideas – 5 Useful Tips To Choose The Best Parking Tiles. [online] Available at: <https://www.aglasiangranito.com/blog/5-useful-tips-to-choose-the-best-parking-tiles/> [Accessed 4 September 2022].
- Parking Tiles Manufacturer. 2022. Best Parking Tiles For Home 2022 – What to Consider When Decorating Your Interior Space. [online] Available at: <https://www.amaxceramic.com/parking-tiles-for-home/> [Accessed 4 September 2022].
- Sunhearrt.com. 2022. Sunhearrt Ceramik | Bathware. [online] Available at: <https://sunhearrt.com/product-detail.php?id=938&size=216&finish=218&name=MOROCCAN-BEIGE> [Accessed 4 September 2022].
- Simpolo.net. 2022. [online] Available at: <https://simpolo.net/product-detail/Grey/RD-Collection/RD_01-to-RD_08> [Accessed 4 September 2022].
- Emzedceramic.com. 2022. Emzed Ceramics | Wall tiles | GVT/PGVT | Glazed Porcelain Slab | Double Charge Vitrified | Full Body Vitrified. [online] Available at: <https://emzedceramic.com/parking-tiles-300×300.php> [Accessed 4 September 2022].
- Raigo Ceramica. 2022. 400 X 400 MM PARKING TILES. [online] Available at: <http://www.raigoceramica.com/pf/400-x-400-mm-parking-tiles/> [Accessed 4 September 2022].