Ergonomics and its relevance to the study of Design and Architecture is hardly a discussed topic. Especially among the students and the young designers, it is a genre of design that is yet to be understood and practiced. To add to this, the congruity that it shares with the designing
of work-friendly office spaces is a requirement of the hour and can be felt by every working individual, on a global scale.
Owing to the above-stated needs, the Ergonomics Design Award aims to elevate the requisite interest towards the field, such that we may be able to harness ideas of design that are have not been discussed or discovered till now. We aim to provide a platform to these Avant-garde ideas, that are relevant and yet predominantly innovative in their ergonomic design approach.
The most suitable furniture and accessory designs shall be felicitated, as per their pertinence to the context.
Entry open for Graduate / Post Graduate Students of:
1. Interior Design
2. Product Design
3. Industrial Design
Many people don’t realize that a poorly designed computer workstation and/or bad work habits can result in serious health problems. Common symptoms associated with poor design or habits include discomfort in the back, neck and shoulders, hands and wrists, as well as headaches and eyestrain. Workstations and other related office furniture are welcome to participate in this category.
The workplace isn’t the only place to think about when considering ergonomics. Many hobbies and other everyday activities performed outside of the workplace can be sources of ergonomic stressors. This includes study furniture and related accessories that cater to working requirements in-home.
Layout of entries
As per the discussed brief, applicants of the above-mentioned fields will be required to submit the design of an Ergonomically-sound Furniture in the following format:
1. Max. of 6, A3 size sheets (420mm X 297mm), in horizontal format and submitted as digital, colored, high-resolution files, meant for printing in JPEG format.
2. Submissions may contain any or all of the following, i.e. text, diagrams, plans, sections, sketches, photographs, graphics, collage, etc, in a combination without restrictions that can convey the visual summary of the design intent of the entrant comprehensively
(i) Response to challenges outlined in the Brief.
(ii) The emergence of a unified and relevant image of Design
3. Submission must contain Design Brief (not more than 500 words) in a .doc file.
4. The layout of the sheets has to be as per the template provided.
1. The registration fee is Rs. 200 for each submitted design.
2. There is no limit to the number of designs that can be submitted by one student.
[March 2020] Announcement of Awards
[July 2020] Deadline for registration
[September 2020] Deadline for submission of designs
[October 2020] Announcement of shortlisted candidates
[At the Event] Presentation of models and design of shortlisted entries
[At the Event] Announcement of top Winners and two Runner-ups in each category