Architecture Internship: RTF announces the Summer Internships for Students of Architecture & Design!
From June 2020, we are opening for 15 interns from across the nation to join us for their Architecture Internship in our office at Delhi.
If you love Architecture and want to excel not just in design but other essential fields too that will give an edge to practice mainstream Architecture in the future times, this is an opportunity for you.
Why Rethinking The Future?
For the 21st century Architect, Architecture is much more than what is taught in Architecture school. Most of us work hard through five years of Architecture school only to find out that most of the skills we gained are outdated, insufficient or just no longer relevant to professional practice.
Long working hours
.. and whining
It is evident that the system is broken, or perhaps simply doesn’t care.
Enter, Rethinking The Future.
Rethinking The Future is among the pioneers of Architectural Journalism and Criticism in India and the fastest-growing Architecture platform in the country. RTF is also the organizer of the prestigious RTF Awards which has seen participation from the likes of Bjarke Ingels Group, HOK, Christopher Charles Benninger, BIOME etc.
We at RTF believe that a brighter future is created when we stop waiting for the system to change and take charge ourselves.
Built on that premise, we have developed an internship programme to encourage a multidisciplinary approach to Architecture and Design education – and ensure that Architecture students are better prepared to face the real-world challenges when they graduate.
With this architecture internship at Rethinking The Future, you will get:
- A work environment of a cross-cultural, cross-disciplinary team – a mix of architects, architectural journalists, architectural communication managers, graphic designers, etc. from different parts of the country and the World.
- Workshops/ Lectures by prominent Architects and Designers on alternate Saturdays
- Opportunities to get your articles published
- Opportunities to enhance your presentation skills
- Opportunities to get in touch with and interview leading architects
- Engage in making movies/ documentaries about architecture
- Build your network with coworkers from across the country
- Alternate Saturdays off – Go explore the World, and return back by Monday 😛
- Depending on your performance during the internship, a Recommendation letter from RTF to help you land your first job or support your master’s application.
And not just this, you will also
- Learn to make Working Drawings
- Improve Architecture design skills
- Improve Presentation Skills
- Improve Communication Skills
Oh, and did we mention that there will stipend too? No, really. You will be paid for coming to the office. You can congratulate yourself later.
At the end of the Internship, apart from design projects, you’ll carry with you a portfolio demonstrating your diverse interests and skills, that will not only help you in landing you a better job but also in getting into a reputed Masters institute.
A minimum of 6 months is required starting June to be part of the RTF Internship Program.
15 Interns from across the nation
If designing is the core specialty in you, and that is the only field you want to exceed in, we highly recommend you join architecture internships under CORE Architecture firms.
However, along with design, if you wish to excel in other skills too that’ll help you have an edge when you get in the profession, this is the right place to apply. Here, you’ll not only learn different processes of design and working drawings, but you’ll also be learning and working on architectural journalism, architectural communications, architectural photography, different design software, various presentation software, WordPress, digital marketing, and the list goes on. You’ll be asked to opt for the workshops/ lectures on a variety of topics.
Who should apply?
This internship is open for all the students of architecture and design across the nation.
Rethinking The Future doesn’t come easy, and just being good at ‘design’ wouldn’t really get you to win the internship. You have to bring in some extra skills to be part of the RTF Internship Program.