Architecture is a field that involves negotiations, convincing, marketing, and presentation to implement ideas into reality. It requires much communication both verbally and graphically and hence is quite essential to have clarity and appeal in design presentations.
Here are few online courses to help improvise the same:
1. Dynamic Public Speaking Specialization-Dr Matt McGarrity (University of Washington)-Coursera.
The course specializes in various techniques to deliver powerful presentations with enhanced linguistics, rhetoric, and argumentation. The course comes with a certificate on completion and has a duration of 3 hours/week, the completion time of 5 months. It’s available in English with subtitles in various languages.
2. The Complete Presentation and Public Speaking/Speech Course-Chris Haroun-Udemy
The course focuses on all aspects of a compelling presentation, graphics, content, and delivery. It covers presentation essentials such as confidence, knowing the audience, and clarity in communication. The classes are in English with multiple language subtitles available and provide a certificate on completion.
3. Public Narrative: Leadership, Storytelling, and Action-Harvard University-Edx
This is one of the long lists of courses that have been made free by Harvard University. It focuses on how to deliver on engaging narrative and is for speakers of all groups. The duration of the course is 8-12 hours/week with a certificate on completion.
4. Presentation Skills: Speechwriting, Slides and Delivery Specialization-Coursera
The course covers 3 aspects of effective communication-storytelling, slide design, and delivery. It talks about the method of scriptwriting, increasing interaction, etc, to name a few. Certificate is available on completion.
5. Presentations: Speaking so that People Listen-TamyChapman (University of California)-Coursera
The course talks about coping with presentation anxiety and on methods to improvise organisation skills and clarity in communication. It consists of interactive learning with quizzes, handouts, and feedback. The duration of the course is 19 hours and the certificate available on completion.
6. Presentation Skills: Master Confident Presentations-Chris Croft-Udemy
The course focuses on building up confidence in communication and overcoming presentation nerves. Also, practical tips on note preparing PowerPoint presentation and common mistakes are also talked about here. A certificate is provided on completion.
7. Public Speaking-Keith B Jenkins-Rochester Institute of Technology-Edx
Website : www.edx.org/course/public-speaking-2
The course talks about organized narrative, critical thinking, and presentation preparation. Also, it talks about various tools and techniques used to keep the audience engaged. The duration of the course is for 3 weeks with a certificate available on payment.
8. Successful Presentation-Prof William Kuskin-University of Colorado-Coursera
The course focuses on different types of effective communication based on structure, clarity, and revision. The goal of the course as stated” is to enable you to discover your own internal power as a speaker and express it to the world”. The course duration is 20 hours and is in 4 parts.
9. Public Speaking Foundations-Laura Bergells-LinkedIn Learning
The course talks about practical strategies and components of public speaking. It also talks about methods to deal with pre-presentation and anxiety, vocal warm-ups, and effective body language.
10. Leading With Effective Communication (Inclusive Leadership Training)-Catalyst-Edx
The course talks about approaches and frameworks to communicate effectively. It also discusses various communication strategies and roadblocks. The duration of the classes is for 4 weeks and a certificate is provided on completion.