Days of Quarantine
RTF is inviting designers, architects, and students of architecture and design across the world to share their experiences during the coronavirus pandemic. How are you coping? What are you doing to get through this? What is your happy place? Have you taken up a new hobby or interest? We will share your experiences on our RTF Website and social media.
Entry open to architects, designers, visualizers and students.
This is our way of helping people connect with and help one another during this crisis. You can share your experiences, ideas and learnings with others to benefit the community at large.
The Competition is inclusive and we welcome the full-time professional and the keen amateurs and students also.
Interested in participating? Here is what you need to do...
1) Think about what you want to tell.
2) Submit your submission in either of the following categories.
3) Talk about how you are doing during the pandemic. How did you spend time, how did you manage work and clients, what new skills did you learn.. and what future would you like.. work from home or work in the studio! Can you imagine a work scenario where most of the architects are working from home?
4) Give a ‘Title’ to your work.
5) Submit your submission at RTF Website before 21st May 2020, 3:00 pm IST.
Write your experience in about 1200 to 1800 words, you can choose the storytelling through your perspective or it could be some character-based also.
Make a video, sharing your experience through storytelling/ visual digital art/ or any other medium you’re comfortable with.
Make an illustration to explain what you want to tell. It should be a single sheet and could be abstract art, comic strip or any other media you feel comfortable with.
Winners will be announced on RTF Official Website and RTF Social Channels along with the Winning Entries.
Each category will have its own winners along with Honorable Mentions.
Winners will get the Winning Certificate and will be featured on our social channels.
[07 May,’20] The RTF Designer’s days of Quarantine Contest opens.
[21 May,’20 | 3:00 pm IST ] Submission Deadline.
[25 May,’20] Winners announced on RTF.
How can I pay the registration fee?
There’s no Registration Fee for the competition.
How should I register for the contest?
No need to register, submit your entry on RTF website. Submission Deadline: 21 May 2020, 3 pm IST.
How can I submit entries?
Each applicant can upload the entries on the Submission Page here.
How many entries can one applicant submit?
A maximum of 3 entries can be submitted by the applicant.
Is there a chance to modify my uploadings?
Yes, to update your entry, you can re-submit before the deadline.
Is group submission allowed?
Yes, a team of a maximum of three people can participate.
Who are eligible applicants?
This contest is open to all the architects, designers, writers, journalists, artists, graphic designers, and students from across the world.
What are the criteria for the assessment that the jury is going to take into consideration?
The jury is going to consider the following aspects of assessment:
- Artistic values and merits
- Technical implementation
Is the jury’s assessment open to the public?
No, it isn’t. Applicants not selected for the finals are not going to be notified about the details of the jury’s assessment.
What are the technical parameters for the Submission?
- Essay – It should be within 1200 words to 1800 words.
- Illustrations submitted must be max. 5 MB jpg format RGB images.
- Videos must be of high quality (min. 1280 X 720 pixels), to be shared via Google Drive / Wetransfer/ Dropbox link.